Elegance of the Nile (Winter 2018-19)
About Cairo, Egypt
Additional Included Highlights
- Sakkara: See the oldest pyramid in the world, the Step Pyramid of King Zoser. Karnak: Walk the avenue of ram-headed sphinxes, see the of Rameses II and the Hypostyle Hall. Dendera: Visit the Temple of Hathor and see the rare depiction of Cleopatra VII and Caesarian. West Bank: Visit the Colossi of Memnon. Kom Ombo: Learn about the only temple in Egypt that is dedictaed to two gods. Aswan: See Aswan's High Dam and the Unfinished Obelisk. Esna: Visit Esna Temple, dedicated to the God of creation. Cairo: Sightseeng includes a visit to the Citadel along with Mohammed Ali's Alabaster Mosque and a visit to the Khan El Halili bazaar.
- Nile Cruise: Enjoy an on-board Gala Reception and dinner.
- Luxor: Visit a working bakery and witness the local artisans creating authentic Egyptian bread.
- Nile Cruise: Join the fun at an Egyptian dinner and galabeya party.
- Nile Cruise: Enjoy an evening of dinner and traditional Egyptian belly dancing.
- Aswan: Like Winston Churchill and Agatha Christie before you, enjoy the sunset and high tea in colonial English-style at Aswan's famous Old Cataract Hotel.
- Nile Cruise: Enjoy a signature evening of dinner accompanied by a Nubian folklore show.
- Dining Summary: 11 Buffet Breakfasts (BB), 7 Lunches (L), 1 Afternoon Tea (AT), 3 Dinners (D) and 4 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with bottled water, tea or coffee.
Signature and Highlight Hotels
- Cairo: Overlooking the magnificent River Nile, the Conrad Cairo is centrally located and offers premium rooms, elegant dining and 24-hour entertainment with a glamorous International Casino.
- Luxor: The opulent five-star Winter Palace Luxor blends rich colonial design with the glory of Pharaonic times. Set amid luxuriant tropical gardens, this hotel offers the perfect retreat after a busy and exciting day exploring.
- Cruising: For the ultimate in luxury and refinement, set sail aboard the deluxe all-suite River Tosca. Experience old-world elegance, blended with modern amenities and comfort. The spacious suites are tastefully designed with marble bathrooms. Outside on the sun deck, the pool and shaded cabanas offer an oasis of calm to relax and enjoy the ever-changing scenery.
- Cairo: At the Egyptian Museum, with your Local Expert, gaze upon upon the most recognisable symbols of ancient Egypt: the full-faced funeral mask, gold coffin, gilded throne and precious jewellery – Tutankhamun’s treasures.
- Giza: With your Egyptologist, meet the enigmatic Sphinx and venture deep inside one of the pyramids, to the chambers where the pharaohs went to meet their Gods in the afterlife.
- Giza: If only these walls could talk! Oh, but they do at the audio visual Sound & Light Show at the Great Pyramids.
- Karnak: Stand amid a vast forest of columns in the largest temple complex known to man.
- West Bank: Embark on an experience with an Egyptologist to visit the Temple Hatshepsut and royal tombs in the Valley of the Kings.
- Aswan: On a traditional Nile felucca, meet a sailor and learn the art of sailing this ancient Nile craft.
- Aswan: Travel to a small Nubian village, visit a traditional dwelling of a local family and enjoy Nubian-style hospitality.
- Philae Island: Rising from the waters, on the Island of Philae is the amazing Temple of Isis travel by motorboat to get there.
Terms, conditions and restrictions apply; pricing, availability, and other details subject to change and/ or apply to US or Canadian residents. Please confirm details and booking information with your travel advisor.